Cory Monteith’s death caused by drug overdose

main-cory-monteith-cov Cory Monteith died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose, as confirmed by British Columbia Coroners Service yesterday (July 16).

The Glee star was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room over the weekend and the cause of death is “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” authorities say. “At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the report continues. “Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”

Police spokesman Constable Brian Montague said, “There was evidence in the room that was consistent with a drug overdose.”

Cory fought with drug addiction for years. His representative announced he would be going to a rehab facility in March this year and the actor completed a rehab program this April.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments are closed.