Cory Monteith’s overdose detailed in coroner’s report

120524154-1-522x293 A coroner’s final report confirms initial findings that Cory Monteith died from using intravenous heroin combined with alcohol. The report was issued on Wednesday.

The late actor had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs. Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room on July 13. Hotel staff found him on the floor after entering his room.

The final report, written by Coroner Claire Thompson and released Wednesday, said Mr. Monteith was “found in a collapsed position on the hotel-room floor.” It said he had been dead for several hours and reiterated there was no evidence of foul play.

coryThe coroner’s final report details the scene, saying investigators found drug paraphernalia, “including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses.” It went on to say that hotel video captured “Monteith returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13, and that he was not seen alive again.”

The coroner said the fact that Cory went to rehab, stopped using drugs for some time and then started up again, may have contributed to his death. A drug that was previously tolerated may become fatal after a period of time, the report explained.


Be Sociable, Share!

Comments are closed.